If you’re a first time home buyer you might be thinking, “what in the world am I supposed to do first?” This is a great question to start with! Let me vaguely walk you through the home buying process and what’s most important to start with.
- Talk to a Lender
- Why is this important?
- What can a Lender do for me?
- Where do I find a good lender?
These are our most frequently asked questions when it comes to clients buying their first home.
First, it’s important to speak with a Lender because they’re going to help you get pre-approved and tell you how much you can afford for your home. Luckily, Hope Realty works with trusted and preferred Lenders that are going to make sure you’re getting the most money possible.
2. What does a Realtor cost?
- How much do I have to pay for a Realtor?
- Why do I have to pay for a Realtor?
The good news is that when a buyer’s agent is representing you in the process of home buying, the agent is either free of cost, or costs a tiny fee. The sellers pay the agent’s commission, so this is already taken care of for you.
3. How do I know what I can afford?
- What if I can’t afford as much as I wanted?
- What if I can’t buy the home of my dreams?
- What if I don’t have the best credit and it affects me buying a home?
- Will I even get pre-approved for anything?
These are all great questions to be curious about. This is exactly why it’s so important to speak with a Lender. The Lender is going to answer ALL of these questions and be able to assist you further with your pre-approval and credit.
4. What can a Realtor help me accomplish?
- What is the point of having a Realtor? Can’t I just do this myself?
- What if I don’t like my Realtor?
- Why does my Realtor send me hundreds of properties?
These also very frequent questions we receive almost daily. Realtors are going to not only work with you, but for you. They’re going take down your criteria, research the MLS, and find every home with your price range that also matches your criteria. There will be a whole team alongside you and your Agent that will work for you and support you during this process.
As long as you haven’t signed an agreement, you’re more than welcome to find another Agent to work with. We recommend interviewing multiple Agents before making the final decision to stick with the one you want representing you…. Just so this doesn’t happen to you.
Are you looking to buy your dream home? Give us a call at 804-480-4673 and we will match the perfect client success agent with you.