North Virginia Neighborhood Guides
The top featured neighborhoods in North Virginia. Click the link below to get a detailed report on the various features a buyer needs to know about each area. For additional information on these communities, please feel free to contact Tara today.
Luxury Homes for Sale in North Virginia
North Virginia is a densely populated region that is recognized for having a culture that is more Northeastern/Mid-Atlantic compared to the southern half of the state of Virginia.
North Virginia, sometimes known as NoVa by its citizens, is home to nearly 2.5 million people and is one of the most rapidly expanding and diversified communities in the United States. It is a business-oriented territory well-known for its business acumen and high-tech enterprises. Currently, Northern Virginia serves as a transit point for almost 70% of all Internet traffic in the state. Considering that the region is comprised of multiple counties, you may want to consult with a local realtor to obtain additional information about particular homes that are currently on the market. The members of our staff are available to assist you with any of your queries and will be happy to offer you the information you require to accompany you in finding the ideal property for your purchase.
OLD TOWN ALEXANDRIA: Old Town Alexandria is a highly walkable district on the banks of the Potomac River that includes heritage landmarks, cathedrals, galleries and museums, a farmers market, as well as a variety of restaurants and shops. Families living in North Virginia can visit the establishment to learn more about the region and the territory’s rich history.
GREAT FALLS PARK: Within minutes of the Beltway, you’ll find a beautiful conservation area with waterfalls and hiking paths. Kayak and rock climbing are two of the many activities you can do in this facility. Going on a trip to the park after a heavy rainstorm offers a fresh perspective because the water levels might fluctuate significantly.
DIVERSE POPULATION: North Virginia is the most racially and ethnically diverse region in Virginia, with a considerable population of Arabs, Latinos, Indians, Koreans, Kenyans, Nigerians, Pakistanis, Afghans, and as well as Chinese, Filipinos, and Vietnamese living in the area. Northern Virginia is known for its accepting and race-friendly nature, exemplified by the region’s unique mix of ethnicities.
Real Estate Information in North Virginia
10 Real Estate Facts About North Virginia
- Single-family dwellings, row homes, condos, and townhomes are among the many types of homes available in North Virginia.
- The real estate market in North Virginia contains a plethora of residential homes with values ranging from $100,000 to $3 million.
- Large families will appreciate that the bulk of the homes is provided with numerous rooms, some of which may be as many as ten rooms, making them an excellent choice for medium to large families.
- In North Virginia, the typical lot size ranges from 0.03 acres to 10.78 acres, which explains why most dwellings in the region are prominent estate properties.
- Property sizes range from 1,100 sq. ft. to 6,100 sq. ft. for the majority of the homes, allowing for large, open areas across each property.
- Several vacant lands are also accessible in various locations throughout the region.
- North Virginia homes are decorated in various architectural styles, including contemporary, Craftsman Ranch, transitional, Cape Cod, Farmhouses, two-story, Colonial, Bungalows, Green Certified Home, and Custom architecture.
- The majority of homes in North Virginia are constructed with dedicated garage space, which can handle an average of three vehicles per residence.
- The majority of the residences were developed and built between the 1950s and the late 2000s, with the exception of a few properties that were just constructed in 2019.
- There are private pools in the majority of the premium estate residences in North Virginia. These private pools are great for families who wish to enjoy leisure swimming without traveling to a public pool.
North Virginia Map
In North Virginia, two large airports, Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport, serve the region, making it convenient for residents and visitors to fly in and out of the area. Residents of North Virginia are served by two modes of public transportation: the Washington Metro subway system and the Virginia Railway Express, a commuter railway. The region of northern Virginia comprises several autonomous cities and counties located within the Washington-Baltimore-Arlington metropolitan area.
Virginia Neighborhood Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
I’m a lifelong resident of Chesterfield, Virginia, working in the Virginia real estate market since 2005. I’m committed to providing the resources and information homeowners, and aspiring owners need for their transactions. For any questions about buying or selling properties in the area, please don’t hesitate to contact me today.