Chester Neighborhood Guides
The top featured neighborhoods in Chester, Virginia. Click the link below to get a detailed report on the various features a buyer needs to know about each area. For additional information on these communities, please feel free to contact Tara today.
Luxury Homes for Sale in Chester, VA
Chester is a thriving and vibrant city in Virginia that is well-known for its historical ties.
Chester City is known as one of the best places to live in Virginia because of its unique combination of historical sites and modern comforts. Residents enjoy a modest suburban vibe, with a diverse array of eateries, recreational areas, and excellent public schools, all within a short distance. Chester is a unique blend of family-owned businesses, traditional suburbs, and new residential housing developments in the city that provide metropolitan features while also providing a diverse range of lifestyle selections. If you have any specific questions about Chester, Virginia, we invite you to write us a message or give us a call. You can count on our team of experts to provide you with all of the information you require about this lovely city.
DIVERSE ARCHITECTURAL STYLES: Chester is a master-planned city where homebuyers can choose from a variety of house architectural designs, including Colonial and Transitional Style layouts and a mix of Ranch and Two-Story, Craftsman Styles which predominate in the city.
SERENE AMBIANCE: Residents of the city enjoy a peaceful atmosphere complemented by a breathtaking view of the James River and the surrounding landscapes. Throughout the city’s charming neighborhoods, trees and large green fields surround them, providing a serene and calming environment for the people who live in Chester.
HOMES WITH A HISTORICAL AND MODERN FEEL: Chester City is home to a variety of well-preserved single-family homes with a historical feel and residences with modern interior and exterior features. This provides prospective homebuyers with a diverse range of residential property options tailored to their style and preferences.
Real Estate Information in Chester, VA
10 Real Estate Facts About Chester
- Residential properties are typically located on lots ranging in size from 0.03 acres to nearly 9 acres.
- Typical interior living space ranges from 1,500 sq. ft. to an extremely spacious 5 sq. ft.
- Dwellings are typically priced starting at $125,000 and reaching a maximum of $1,000,000.
- Homebuyers can choose from a diverse selection of residential properties that are typically designed in a variety of architectural styles, including Colonial and Transitional Style layouts, as well as a mix of Ranch and Two-Story, Craftsman Style properties.
- Homes in Chester are typically equipped with various parking options and garage space that can accommodate an average of two cars, making them an excellent choice for families who own their vehicles.
- Residences in the city were constructed between the 1980s and the beginning of 2019, offering a mix of historical and contemporary layouts.
- Single-family residences predominate in the city.
- Other vacant lots exist that is construction-ready and would be ideal for the construction of custom-designed residences.
- Vacant lots that are ready for construction can be purchased for anywhere from $35,000 to $3,500,000, depending on the size and location of the lot.
- Unimproved lands in the city have expansive lot sizes ranging from 0.46 acres to nearly 40 acres.
Latest Homes for Sale in Chester
Chester is a historic city in Virginia located 16.3 miles away from the bustling city of Richmond and is easily accessible via Interstate 95. Many parks and recreational areas surround Chester, including the famous Henricus Historical Park, located in the eastern segment of the city and accessible via Coxendale Road, which is about a 15-minute drive from the city center. Ashton Creek Vineyard, which is within a 5-mile radius of the city, is also easily accessible to residents.
Chester Neighborhood Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Ready to take the next step?
I’m a lifelong resident of Chesterfield, Virginia, working in the Virginia real estate market since 2005. I’m committed to providing the resources and information homeowners, and aspiring owners need for their transactions. For any questions about buying or selling properties in the area, please don’t hesitate to contact me today.
Who Lives in Chester, VA
Things to do in Chester
Schools in Chester
|Elizabeth Scott Elementary||PK - 5||Public|
|CC Wells Elementary School||PK - 5||Public|
|Matoaca Middle||6 - 8||Public|
|Elizabeth Davis Middle||6 - 8||Public|
|Thomas Dale High||9 - 12||Public|
|Lloyd C Bird High||9 - 12||Public|