Midlothian Neighborhood Guides
The top featured neighborhoods in Midlothian, Virginia. Click the link below to get a detailed report on the various features a buyer needs to know about each area. For additional information on these communities, please feel free to contact Tara today
Luxury Homes for Sale in Midlothian, VA
Midlothian is a modest city in Virginia, widely known for its historic commercial coal mines, railroads, and fast-growing economy.
Midlothian is a convenient place to live because of its proximity to Richmond’s central business district. Residences in the city are also cost-effective, with average real estate prices typically above average for the Richmond area while still retaining its small-town appeal. Midlothian is a charming city that appeals to many people, from young professionals to families to seniors. The fact that Richmond is close means that you will enjoy the perfect combination of suburban space and city entertainment. Our page provides a comprehensive report on the various real estate facts and insights about the area that a home buyer would need to consider when deciding whether to purchase a home in the area. If you wish to have any additional information about the lovely city of Midlothian, please don’t hesitate to contact our team of experts.
DIVERSE REAL ESTATE MARKET: Midlothian real estate encompasses historic homes and sophisticated suburban developments that include single-family homes, townhouses, condominiums, and apartments, among several other property types. Whatever your needs, whether you are traveling with a large family or by yourself, Midlothian has a variety of housing selections to meet your needs.
HISTORIC TRACES: Aside from a diverse real estate market in Midlothian, the city’s historical heritage is likewise adequately represented throughout. The city is home to numerous notable sites, such as Bethel Baptist Church, a national landmark with Gothic-style architecture, and the Chesterfield Railroad, among the country’s first commercial railroads. The Midlothian Turnpike is flanked by shops, restaurants, and taverns that keep residents occupied at all hours of the day or night.
SCENIC LOCATION: The area is notably surrounded by the breathtaking grandeur of the James River, which contributes to the overall charm and attraction of the city, and the Swift Creek Reservoir, which serves as the primary source of fresh water for the entire city. The presence of these natural wonders provides a pleasant environment that complements the beautiful homes in the town.
10 Real Estate Facts About Midlothian
- The majority of the homes in the city are priced between $185,000 and $1,750,000.
- Single-family residences, townhouses, row homes, and condominium units are among the housing types available in Midlothian.
- These residences have one to five bedrooms and one to five bathrooms, depending on the floor plan.
- Lot sizes range from 0.04 acres to 10.78 acres and are available across the city.
- Residential properties in Midlothian typically offer interior living spaces ranging from 1,100 sq. ft. to 3,800 sq. ft.
- A diverse range of architectural types can be found across the city, with most homes falling into one of the following categories: Custom, Ranch, Transitional, Cape Cod, Two-story, Colonial, Contemporary, Farmhouses, Bungalows, Green Certified Home, and Craftsman architecture.
- Luxury homes feature marble or tile flooring complemented by french doors, thermal windows, and tray ceilings. Fireplace options include Gas, Masonry, or Stone features.
- Residences are typically equipped with an oversized garage and parking options, including paved driveways, off-street parking, attached parking, and direct access.
- Residences with private pools are also accessible around the city, making them an excellent choice for families who want to enjoy outdoor swimming without traveling to a pool facility.
- Vacant lots are valued between $99,500 to $500,000, making them an excellent option for custom-built homes.
Midlothian is a Virginia town situated in the middle of the state’s significant landmarks and establishments. It is possible to access Robious Landing Park from Salisbury Road, located in the city’s northernmost section. The world-renowned Bon Secours St. Francis Medical Center is located precisely on the southern boundary of Midlothian, while Horner Park is located on the city’s southwest outskirts. A 7.8-mile drive away, in the eastern part of Midlothian, is Rosie’s Gaming Emporium, where a variety of Exacta Systems game terminals can be played with your family and friends.
Midlothian Neighborhood Map
Click on any neighborhood for a brief introduction
Real Estate Information in Midlothian, VA
Ready to take the next step?
I’m a lifelong resident of Chesterfield, Virginia, working in the Virginia real estate market since 2005. I’m committed to providing the resources and information homeowners, and aspiring owners need for their transactions. For any questions about buying or selling properties in the area, please don’t hesitate to contact me today.
Latest homes for sale in Midlothian
Who Lives in Midlothian, VA
Things to do in Midlothian
Schools in Midlothian
|Alberta Smith Elementary School||PK - 5||Public|
|Thelma Crenshaw Elementary||PK - 5||Public|
|Bailey Bridge Middle School||6 - 8||Public|
|Powhatan Middle||6 - 8||Public|
|Manchester High School||9 - 12||Public|
|Powhatan High||9 - 12||Public|